I’m going to catch you up on all the knitting things that I’ve been doing over the past almost two months.
1. I finished the pink shrug a good while back.
The shoulders are a little bit too big, but that’s okay.
I’ve already worn it a couple of times with nice clothes to church, but the only pictures that I have are these that I took whilst wearing a tee-shirt under it.
2. I finished and felted the fuzzy feet.
I should have done a row of eyelets so that I could thread the drawstrings through, but I didn’t think to do it. So instead, I used a sharp tapestry needle to poke the drawstrings through.
I’m going to make a pair for Mom for Mother’s Day, but I’m going to have to do it within the next week since I want to enter them in the fair.
3. I’m getting close to being finished with my Vivian sweater.
I’ve been working on the hood, which will need to be much longer than the pattern says.
I’m going to take a break from it for a while so that I can finish making everything that I want to enter in the fair.
4. I pretty much ignored the secret something for a long while, but I worked on it yesterday, and I might be able to enter it in the fair. I’m not sure if I’ll be able to submit the pattern to knitty, but I’ll try to write up an understandable pattern to send in.
5. I finished my Saxony socks, but I don’t have a picture of both of them together yet.
6. I started a pair of Kai-Mei socks a few weeks ago.
As you can see, I’ve already finished the first sock. I decided to knit a heart-shaped motif instead of the lace chart, because I want warm winter socks, not socks full of holes.
I’m using Knitpicks Imagination yarn in Damsel. The yarn is very soft, and the first sock fits well.
I’m currently on the heel turn of the second one.
7. I made a pair of baby booties a few weeks ago using the leftover cotton-ease from my shrug.
I used the same pattern that I used for those blue booties hat I made back in March.
I used size seven needles, and I think I knit the medium size, but my gauge was a little off, so there’s no telling how big of a baby these will actually fit.
I was going to enter these in the fair, but I think that there’s a baby shower at church on Sunday, so I’m going to give these away and maybe knit a different pair for the fair. I was thinking about making a pair of Tiny Shoes out of my leftover Imagination yarn.
Well, there you go. I’ll try not to be gone so long next time.