Alrighty. I have a few things on the needles, so here is a list of my progress on said projects, starting with the ones I’ve started most recently.
1.Today I started an owl sweater. On Sunday I went to Goodwill and bought two sweaters. One was 98% lambswool and the other was 50% wool, 50% acrylic. The lambswool one was slightly felted, but it looked like it would fit me so I bought it to wear (I wore it today and it does fit me). On Monday I unraveled the wool/acrylic one, and today I started the first sleeve. It knit up pretty quickly; I only have about 7 more rows left. I had to use bigger needles than the pattern called for, but that’s okay. At first I was afraid that it looked a bit sloppy, but I knit one owl, and it looked fine. I’ll probably finish the second sleeve before the end of the week. I’d like to have at least finished the ribbing on the body before school starts back up.
2. I started an Emily last Wednesday using some Yarn Bee Snowflake. I’ve knit 4 repeats thus far, and I think I’ll need to knit 14 total. It’s a nice pattern, not too hard, but not too boring. The yarn is decent, but when I do a decrease it tries to act all splitty. I’m kinda avoiding it. And not because I want to work on something else, but because I realized that it’s a bit impractical. I mean, what can I wear with a capelet? I’m going to finish it, but I do feel a bit silly for making something that fancy when I never dress fancy. On the plus side, when I bought that yarn (a few days after I got my wisdom teeth removed) I was intending to make a pair of socks, and bought three skeins. The capelet should only take two, so I’ll have on skein left over. I think I might make a Morgan, but I might not because it might look goofy on me.
3. I’ve already mentioned the Veyla mitts, so I’m not going to link to them. All that I have left to knit is the thumb on the second mitt. Then I’ll need to block them and sew on the buttons. I’m sure that doesn’t sound like a lot, but it is. Well, the knitting part isn’t, but it’s going to be hard sewing on the buttons. Because my buttonholes don’t line up with where I’m supposed to sew them on. Which means that I’ll have to reeeeeeeeally block them out. And I’ll have to pick out 8 matching buttons. I have 300-some odd burgundy buttons that I got from Grandma’s house. Some of them are clearly a different type of button, but most of them look like they came from the same packet. Thing is, they look subtly different. Maybe it’s just the way the light hits them, but they some of them look darker than others. And last time I looked through them, I had difficulty picking out 8 that matched.
4. I’ve already told you about the mystery something that I’m knitting. Well, imagine that, but very slightly bigger. I’m not really sure if it’s going to be good enough for Knitty, but I won’t know unless I try right?
5. A few days after Thanksgiving I started a different secret something, only to realize a few weeks later that I wouldn’t have enough yarn for what I had in mind. So it’s just sitting there, holding my size 10 circular hostage until I do something with it.
6. Back towards the end of September I started an entralac scarf. I’m slightly more than 1/4 of the way through with it, but it’s kinda boring. I’ll finish it eventually, but it’s not at the top of my list.
7. Not a knitting project, but my spinning is pretty much the same as where it was. It like to be difficult and fall to the floor, leaving me with a partially spun piece of fiber that refuses to attach itself to the rest of the yarn.
I kinda want to go back to Goodwill and look for some more sweaters to unravel. Since this one was so easy and quick to unravel (it took me all day, but that’s pretty quick considering I had to rip out the seams and unwind it), I want to find more cheap wooly sweaters that will eventually become beautiful things handknit by me.