I’m not any Good at Coming up with Post Titles.

Well, it’s been a while since I’ve blogged. This is why my blog’s called “Lazy Ka-nitting,” not “Productive Ka-nitting.” Although, my knitting has been kinda productive as of late.

I started a pair of socks towards the beginning of the semester, and I finished them last week. Here are some tiny pictures of them. I didn’t even know I was able to do this until just now. The pattern is LaceAnklets. I only did 15 rows of the cuff, instead of 25, because I only had one skein of this yarn and I didn’t want to run out of yarn.

003002001009008007006004003002001078077011012

A little while back, I bought Whimsical Little Knits and cast on for Ripleyshortly thereafter. I used two strands of Patons Wool and size 8 needles. The fabric was kinda stiff and slightly smaller than gauge, but I didn’t really care because I wanted it to be really warm and big for wearing in the cold, cold winter. Thing is, I had slightly less than one skein, and it turns out that that isn’t enough to make the slouchy size hat. In fact, it didn’t seem like enough to even finish the regular size. So I looked for the gauge swatch that I made for these socks and unraveled it. That gave me enough to finish it up slightly modified. I had to knit fewer rows and I changed the decreases a little bit, but it ended up looking okay.

076075073072071070

After I finished the aforementioned hat, I started a hat for Mumsie for her birthday. I used the cables form a sweater pattern that she wants me to make for her eventually. It turned out okay, but I had some difficulty decreasing at the top. I’d show you pictures, but since Mom reads this blog, and her birthday isn’t until next week, and she wants it to be a surprise, I’ll wait.

Here’s the scarf that I started knitting a few days before classes started.

 

I started another scarf last week because I didn’t think that the scarf above would last long enough to knit on the way to Nashville and back. I’ve knit a little less than one skein of Soy Wool Stripes, and I have four skeins, so I’m almost a fourth of the way done.

I’m also making a pair of socks for Dad. The pattern said to use this wierd cast on that I looked confusing, so I used the short row toe from this pattern instead. I’ve knit 21 rows past the toe, and I’m probably going to need to knit around 40 before I start increasing for the gusset.

I bought two skeins of Malabridgo Chunky last week (on sale for half off, I might add). I’m not really sure what I should make with it though. I was thinking of making another Ripley, and I might still do that, but then I’d have one skein left over. I was also thinking of making a pair of Bella’s Mittens, but I’m not sure how the crazy colors (yellow and pink) would look in that pattern. I also bought some Cascade Alpaca Lace that I plan to hold double and use for a pair of Veyla.

Well, I don’t have anything else to say, so enjoy the pictures!

Advertisements