On Friday I went to a fiber festival. We got there about an hour before it was over, so we didn’t have to pay. I got a spindle! It’s pretty. I already used up the practice roving, but it’s not very good. I’m going to practice some more on some fiberfill. Does anyone know of a website that sells inexpensive roving? I’d like to practice on something cheap, instead of mangling something expensive.
On Saturday Mom and I planted corn and Dad and I planted my carrots and cilantro. I also did a little bit of spinning and reading, and I gave Quigley a bath.
My birthday is on Wednesday! Yay! And I only have 9 more days of classes before exam week! I’m so so ready or the semester to be over with.
I have a few ideas for ka-nitting, but these are semi-good ideas, so I won’t talk about them in case I actually knit them and submit them to Knitty. I will say that one will require wool and the other will require a cotton blend.
I think I’m going to make a list of things that I would like to buy, so that when I acquire money (from saving, birthday, or if I get a job over the summer) I won’t be sitting there thinking “now, what did I want to buy?”
- Enough Fisherman’s Woolfor my pea coat. This will probably be about 6 skeins, because I would like pockets. And maybe a hood, but that would probably require an extra skein. Depending on sale prices and coupons, anywhere from $32.40 to $54.
- The pattern for my pea coat. $7.
- Enough yarn for Pioneer. I’ll either use Knitpicks Shine Sport or Yarn Bee Snowflake. ‘Bout $20 either way.
- A brown leather belt. I have my eye on a few. This one’s $14.95 and these two are each $29.50, which I think is just a little bit expensive.
- A wallet. $15.
- A new pair (or two) of the best flip flops in existence. I got some last year and I wore them all the time, but they broke after a short life of only 3 months. I thought that they didn’t make them anymore, but they do. $6.50
- Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins. $9.71
Plus a whole bunch of other stuff, such as music Cd’s, roving, random skeins of yarn, and the like. I guess I should start on my homework or do laundry. Bye.